Thursday, November 8, 2007

From A Photo Editor:

APE chiming in:

"I am a big fan of the BP and wanted to introduce myself to his readers. I have a MFA in the history of photography from NYU and have worked as a photography director at several high profile magazines. People ask me what it takes to be a great photo editor and I think it takes a keen eye, an understanding of the history of photography and broad working knowledge of a wide range of photographers working today. Some editors just phone it in and will only hire the "hot" or "established" shooters. I , on the other hand,take pride in the fact that I have the experience, eye and confidence to spot talent that hasn't been worn out like a pinata at a quinceanera. Here are a few diamonds in the rough I have just discovered. Some day they are going to be huge! I doubt you have heard of them: Richard Avedon, Annie Leibowitz and Irving Penn.Enjoy"

Wow thanks APE. The BP wonders who you are. You kind of sound like the Bitter Photographer's biggest editiorial client at Cat Fancy but can't be sure. Hmmmm.

11 comments:

Ryan Brenizer said...

I'm 85 percent sure I know who APE is. Maybe 86 percent.

Anonymous said...

I think APE IS the BP!!! After all, all photo editors are failed photographers, right? What more reason to be bitter?

Of course, that doesn't get us any closer to knowing who the APE/BP is.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Is the BP going to go after all the high profile shooters out there? How about some of the Employees of Light? Or the guys who sold out so long ago to stand in front of a bunch of wanna-be shooters and tell them how to light, process or promote?

I shudder to think of the wailing that BP could do to them.

Anonymous said...

APE is at Radar having moved over from GHK.

Anonymous said...

its so funny that you mentioned Richard Avedon and Annie Leibovitz - I just discovered them recnetly myself and I think they are great and promising shooters. WOW!
But who is Irving Penn?

Anonymous said...

BP was formerly the chief Photographer in Residence at Cat Fancy. Before moving over to the world of feline photography, he was best known for his work with swimmers. He climbed his way up the dive pool ladder to buddy up with the top dogs at Swimmer Wear Daily, a short lived magazine that featured over-light photo-j portraits of fashionable young men parading around in swim wear in corporate locations.

BP is now a not-so-hot Ad shooter based on the east coast with an extreme case of arrogance and a beauty of a wife. He smells and needs a shave.

Russell Kaye said...

Hey BP - I'm coming to NYC to do a video interview with you - we'll make you a hightalker and shadowy, all deepthroaty...contact me...

Anonymous said...

The Bitter Photographer is all of us.

All of us after a long day managing producers, assistants, art directors, talent, picture editors and ourselves.

This is a tough business.

It gets to all of us.

Anonymous said...

who gives a crap what you think photo editor? you morons are so annoying.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

jordan 1
kd shoes
supreme hoodie
michael jordan shoes
palm angels t shirt
cheap jordans
kevin durant shoes
kyrie shoes
paul george shoes
off white x jordan 1